Wednesday, February 2, 2011

National Eating Disorder Month

February is the month dedicated to increasing public awareness of eating disorders. Therefore, I am doing my best to increase awarenewess and knowledge. One way that I am doing this is by creating an "event" on facebook called "National Eating Disorder Month Invitational." It is my hope to bring together people's stories of recovery, hope and strength. I want to inspire others to attain abstinence. Eating disorders are a matter of life or death. We definitely need to work together as a society to protect future generations through education and prevention. This is an area that I am extremely passionate about. After nearly 30 years of my own battles, I cannot begin to describe the peace I have found in being abstinent. I am grateful to all of those who have and continue to provide support, love, and understanding. Together, we can conquer our demons.

No comments: