Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hello to my friends

Friends are the most awesome thing in the world. It took nearly 30 years for me to find my first real friend. Her name is Ali. Over the years, we have shared everything from the birth of our children to arguments over just about anything. Yet, through it all, Ali has always been there for me and I for her. It is a reciprocal relationship. So, why did it take 30 years? Simple, I could not lower my emotional walls enough to let anyone in. It seemed like anyone I trusted betrayed me. Negative childhood experiences/dysfunctional family. Somehow, slowly, Ali earned my trust and my emotional walls lowered until they crumbled. Now, many physical miles seperate us, but we are still together.

So, during the past 10 years I have allowed others into my world. Some have come and gone. Others have stayed. With the crumbling of my walls, I left myself vulnerable which is terrifying. Yes, I have been hurt or betrayed, but the gifts that I received has made it all worthwhile.

I want to thank all of my friends--current and past. You know who you are. Recently, some of you have told me I show strength and courage. I couldn't do it without the love and support of my friends and family.

Please, feel free to comment on any blog at anytime.

No comments: